This is a 8.1x4.9 photograph of train to the right of automobiles and a single-story building. The train bears the text "The Milwaukee Road" and "98A". Signs on the building include "Sioux Falls", Larson Hardware"."Since 1877" and "Chicago, Milwauke, St Paul and Pacific". Title(s) by Carpenter, L (DIC/PMP).
Sioux Falls P38 5x7 [stamp] Property of South Dakota State Historical Society Pierre, South Dakota Give photo credit to: South Dakota State Historical Society. Sioux Falls 5th and N. Phillips Ave. Old Milwaukee Depot (under Larson Hardware sign)
Original format: 8.1x4.9 photograph in the Towns collection at the SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
Image scanned by Reed, C using an Epson Expression 10,000 XL flatbed scanner. Scanned at 800 PPI,16-bit grayscale, with the Histogram output set to 9/247.
SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
eng [ISO 639-2]
JPeG set to medium compression, dimension sized to 640x480, resolution set at 30 dpi, watermark set to 15 percent.
It is the responsibility of anyone reproducing photographs from the State Archives collections to determine copyright holders and secure permissions accordingly. For further information visit http://history.sd.gov/archives/photouse.aspx