This is a 5.2x4.0 photograph of singel-story nave building with wood siding, four multi-pane windows and a two-story bell tower. To the right of the chapel is a hay barn with a hayloft and cupola. Title(s) by Carpenter, L (DIC/PMP).
Oahe P24 5x7 [stamp] Property of South Dakota State Historical Society Pierre, South Dakota Give photo credit to: South Dakota State Historical Society Oahe Chapel Oahe Congregational Mission HABS #SD7 Rigg's Ranch, Pierre, SD Historic American Buildings - July 9 1952. John A. Bryan, Photographer uilder of chapel was a carpenter who came from Sioux City with the lumber - see "Sunset to Sunset" S.D. Hist Collection 1958
Original format: 5.2x4.0 photograph in the Towns collection at the SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
Image scanned by Reed, C using an Epson Expression 10,000 XL flatbed scanner. Scanned at 1,200 PPI,16-bit grayscale, with the Histogram output set to 9/247.
SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
eng [ISO 639-2]
JPeG set to medium compression, dimension sized to 640x480, resolution set at 30 dpi, watermark set to 15 percent.
It is the responsibility of anyone reproducing photographs from the State Archives collections to determine copyright holders and secure permissions accordingly. For further information visit http://history.sd.gov/archives/photouse.aspx