This is a 7.1x5.1 photograph of horse-drawn farming implement next to a single-story building with a slanted roof and slat walls with spacing between each slat. Next to the corn crib is a stack of corn cobs in front of a single-story building with a sign bearing the text "Grain & Coal"; In front of the cob pile is a horse-drawn wagon with a flatbed. Another building bears the text "Livery"; A cathedral is between the coal shed and livery. Title(s) by Carpenter, L.
Salem P37 neg on file. 5x7 [stamp] Property of South Dakota State Historical Society Pierre, South Dakota Give photo credit to: South Dakota State Historical Society.;(x) Salem, SD - December, 1900. David Anderson on sheller, and Henry Anderson standing -- Reuben Anderson is sitting on the horse power. They had shelled for Mr. Gapp for the American Grain Co. They also shelled 11, 000 bushels of corn in Jan. 1901 for J.K. Linkenfelter. Carl J. Peter-son is seen standing by the horse power. Henry Anderson was a McCook Co. Commissioner for 23 years. This picture was taken in Salem, where the Standard Oil Co. station is now located. N.d. Donor Robert Sundberg, Salem, SD Sept., 1978
Sandberg, Robert L (1930-2000)
Original format: 7.1x5.1 photograph, item in box P37 of the Towns collection at the SD State Historical Society - Archives Department.
Image scanned by Reed, C using an Epson Expression 10,000 XL flatbed scanner. Scanned at 800 PPI,16-bit grayscale, with the Histogram output set to 9/247.
SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
eng [ISO 639-2]
JPeG set to medium compression, dimension sized to 640x480, resolution set at 30 dpi, watermark set to 15 percent.
It is the responsibility of anyone reproducing photographs from the State Archives collections to determine copyright holders and secure permissions accordingly. For further information visit http://history.sd.gov/archives/photouse.aspx