This is a 7.1x5.1 photograph of elevated view of several individuals on either side of a dirt road lined with multi-story buildings. Text on some of the buildings include "Drugs";"The Fair" and "Anderson Bros. Cash & Fore". Title(s) by Carpenter, L.
Salem P37 neg on file. 5x7 [stamp] Property of South Dakota State Historical Society Pierre, South Dakota Give photo credit to: South Dakota State Historical Society.;(x) Salem, SD - July 4 Celebration 1904 "Car of States" "Salem's Fairest & Best Girls", each representing a state of the Union on the float, Salem Guard Co. and Salem Fire Dept. with four pieces of apparatus. Hook & Ladder men wear-ing white coats. Church moved 6 miles north of Salem 1909. Donor " Robert Sandberg, Salem, SD Sept. 1978.
Sandberg, Robert L (1930-2000)
Original format: 7.1x5.1 photograph, item in box P37 of the Towns collection at the SD State Historical Society - Archives Department.
Image scanned by Reed, C using an Epson Expression 10,000 XL flatbed scanner. Scanned at 800 PPI,16-bit grayscale, with the Histogram output set to 9/247.
SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
eng [ISO 639-2]
JPeG set to medium compression, dimension sized to 640x480, resolution set at 30 dpi, watermark set to 15 percent.
It is the responsibility of anyone reproducing photographs from the State Archives collections to determine copyright holders and secure permissions accordingly. For further information visit http://history.sd.gov/archives/photouse.aspx