This is a 7.0x5.1 photograph of fourteen individuals gathered at a partially constructed stone building. The building cornerstone bears the text: Hughes County Courthouse 1934. Title(s) by Carpenter, L.
Pierre P27 5x7 [stamp] Property of South Dakota State Historical Society Pierre, South Dakota Give photo credit to: South Dakota State Historical Society. Pierre - General Pierre, S.D. Laying the corner stone of the County Court House. L-R On building not Known, John Millett, Ray Pool, Guy Ericson, Geo. Coates, D.W. March (Co. Judge), Billy King, (Treas), Henry Kleinschmidt, Henry Reed. Donated by Henry Reed, Pierre. Photog: Miller Studio 7/12/34
Original format: 7.0x5.1 photograph, item in box P27 of the Towns collection at the SD State Historical Society - Archives Department.
Image scanned by Reed, C using an Epson Expression 10,000 XL flatbed scanner. Scanned at 800 PPI,24-bit RGB, with the Histogram output set to 9/247.
SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
eng [ISO 639-2]
JPeG set to medium compression, dimension sized to 640x480, resolution set at 30 dpi, watermark set to 15 percent.
It is the responsibility of anyone reproducing photographs from the State Archives collections to determine copyright holders and secure permissions accordingly. For further information visit http://history.sd.gov/archives/photouse.aspx