This is a 3.8x3.8 photograph of five individuals next to a two-story building with a horse-drawn carriage in front. Text on the side of the building reads "Scott House". Title(s) by Carpenter, L.
Hitchcock P17 Lot 47 IX "The Scott House" hotel at Hitch - cock, So. Dak., about 1900. Then owned by Edwin Kize Tomlinson and Harriet (Hall) Tomlinson, his wife. They came to Hitchcock from Poy- nette, Wisconsin, about 1895. He was run over by a train in 1903. His wife and daughter returned to Poynette after a brief period in Huron. - In the picture are E.K. Tomllinson, wife, daughter Rue (Zeruiah, and two unknown bystanders. -- The building was later moved to the Beatle County Poor Farm and put to use as a dormitory.
Original format: 3.8x3.8 photograph, item in box P17 of the Towns collection at the SD State Historical Society - Archives Department.
Image scanned by Reed, C using an Epson Expression 10,000 XL flatbed scanner. Scanned at 1,200 PPI,24-bit RGB, with the Histogram output set to 9/247.
SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
eng [ISO 639-2]
JPeG set to medium compression, dimension sized to 640x480, resolution set at 30 dpi, watermark set to 15 percent.
It is the responsibility of anyone reproducing photographs from the State Archives collections to determine copyright holders and secure permissions accordingly. For further information visit http://history.sd.gov/archives/photouse.aspx