This is a 7.2x5.0 photograph of several single-story buildings with false fronts on either side of a dirt road. Title(s) by Carpenter, L.
Lemmon P21 5x7 [stamp] Property of South Dakota State Historical Society Pierre, South Dakota Give photo credit to: South Dakota State Historical Society Lemmon, S.D. Tent Town in Sept. 1907. The Main St. ran east to west. This is between 7th & 8th St. south of G.E. Lemmon Park looking southwest. General stores - Ed Payne, John Samuelson Hardware store - Bamble Bros. Attorney - A.E. Yeager Civil Engineer - A.S. Tubbs Real Estate - Fred Ginther ; Post Office & Newspaper - Fred Aultman Livery & Feed - Condon & Sampson Dr. office in tent - Dr. Sambo Lodging tent (airtight) M.H. Murphy & Dad Williams Blacksmith shop -F.K. Reasy Meat Market - Walt Lawer & Strong Cafes, Saloon, Laundry, U.S. Land Co. Donor: Mrs. J.O. Bamble, Lemmon, S.D.
Lemmon, S.D. Border Caption: In September 1907 West
Original format: 7.2x5.0 photograph, item in box P21 of the Lead - Madison collection at the SD State Historical Society - Archives Department.
Image scanned by Reed, C using an Epson Expression 10,000 XL flatbed scanner. Scanned at 800 PPI,16-bit grayscale, with the Histogram output set to 9/247.
SD State Historical Society - Archives Department
eng [ISO 639-2]
JPeG set to medium compression, dimension sized to 640x480, resolution set at 30 dpi, watermark set to 15 percent.
It is the responsibility of anyone reproducing photographs from the State Archives collections to determine copyright holders and secure permissions accordingly. For further information visit http://history.sd.gov/archives/photouse.aspx